Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Complete Sonatas for Treble Recorder and Basso continuo
Handel, George Frideric
Handel Complete Sonatas for Treble Recorder and Basso continuo
The popularity of Handel’s recorder sonatas can easily be gauged by the sheer number of old and modern publications of them. This edition unites the six authentic sonatas and also includes the early version of movement No.6 to the D minor sonata. It is based on the eminently reliable text of the Halle Handel Edition, the “last word” in Handel scholarship.
The G minor, A minor, C major and F major sonatas were originally edited by Hans Peter Schmitz in 1955 for the Halle Handel Edition. These sonatas were then re-edited in 1995 by Terence Best.
The publication contains a thorough discussion of the history and genesis of the works and handy tips dealing with performance practice by the renowned Handel scholar Terence Best. In addition to the score, the edition has a solo recorder part and a bass part with figures.
A must publication for performers of Handel’s beloved music for recorder.
- Authoritative edition based on the reliable Urtext of the Halle Handel Edition
- Performance practice tips (English/German)
- Score with solo recorder part and bass part with figures
- Sonata in G minor HWV 360 [George Frideric Handel]
- Sonata in A minor HWV 362 [George Frideric Handel]
- Sonata in C major HWV 365 [George Frideric Handel]
- Sonata in F major HWV 369 [George Frideric Handel]
- Sonata in B major HWV 377 [George Frideric Handel]
- Sonata in D minor HWV 367 [George Frideric Handel]
- Sonata in D minor HWV 367 6th movement variant [George Frideric Handel]