Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Chamber Duets for Soprano and Alto
Handel, George Frideric
Handel Chamber Duets Soprano, Alto and Basso continuo
Urtext edition based on the “Halle Handel Edition”
Clear, idiomatic realisation of the continuo part
Includes a separate continuo part without realisation
By means of their high degree of consistency and maturity, Handel’s chamber duets constitute a highlight of this genre.
The six chamber duets for soprano and alto selected for this volume were written in 1710–12 in Hanover (HWV 178, 185, 197) and 1740–45 in London (HWV 181, 190, 186). They are musically demanding and structured contrapuntally: the earlier works are stricter, more scholarly and more elaborate in terms of counterpoint but masterly in their craftsmanship. The later ones are composed somewhat freer, but more compact.
- A mirarvi io son intento (HWV 178) [Handel, George Frideric]
- Conservate, raddoppiate (HWV 185) [Handel, George Frideric]
- Tanti strali al sen mi scocchi (HWV 197) [Handel, George Frideric]
- Beato in ver chi può (HWV 181) [Handel, George Frideric]
- No, di voi non vuò fidarmi (HWV 190) [Handel, George Frideric]
- Fronda leggiera e mobile (HWV 186) [Handel, George Frideric]