Concerto for Viola in C major (Viola & Piano)
Vanhal, Johann Baptist
Vanhal Concerto for Viola in C major (Viola & Piano)
The Bohemian composer Jan Krtitel Vanhal/Johann Baptist Vanhal (1739–1813) settled in Vienna around 1763. There he wrote several concertos for various instruments, of which two for viola have survived. Both are evidently not original compositions, but arrangements by Vanhal of some of his own works, a common practice of that time. The Viola Concerto in C major is based on Vanhal's cello concerto in the same key.
Our new revised edition makes this Concerto available once again. The solo part contains cadenzas for each movement.
• Popular repertoire piece from the Viennese classical period
• Idiomatic piano reduction
• Solo part revised by Jan Plachta
• New trilingual Foreword by Phillip Schmidt (Ger/Cz/Eng)
• Full score & performance material available for hire