Concerto in G minor Op.33 for Piano (Two-piano reduction)
Dvorak Concerto in G minor Op.33 for Piano (Two-piano reduction)
Composed in 1876, Dvorák’s only piano concerto has been overshadowed by his other two concertos, for violin and violoncello, respectively. Performers and editors have often attempted to upgrade this pianistically unassuming work by adding stylisations of their own. Our Urtext edition revaluates the sources, frees the work from subsequent interventions and presents it to full advantage in its authentic form.
The principal source of our new edition is the first complete print issued by the publisher Hainauer in 1883, which has been meticulously collated with the autograph. The anonymous original piano reduction is so full of mistakes that editor Robbert van Steijn decided instead to present the version by Karel Šolc.
- New Urtext edition of Dvorák’s only piano concerto
- Foreword by Dvorák scholar David R. Beveridge (Eng/Cz/Ger)
- Commentary on performance practice by Czech pianist Ivo Kahánek (Eng/Cz/Ger)
- Piano reduction by Karel Šolc adapted to fit this new edition
- Full score (BA10420) and two-piano reduction (BA10420-90) available for sale
- Performance material (BA10420-72) available for hire