Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) (K.620) (Vocal Score, paperback)
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
Mozart Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) (K.620) (Vocal Score)
The Magic Flute remains Mozart's most popular opera worldwide to this day. Schikaneder’s Freihaustheater auf der Wieden was a theatre in the suburbs of Vienna. It was a kind of people’s theatre with a corresponding repertoire and its attraction for the public was due not least to the use of spectacular stage effects. The concept ‘machine-comedy’ refers to the theatrical genre to which “The Magic Flute” owes its origins, and to which the work originally belonged. The premiere was given on 30 September 1791, conducted by Mozart.
- Urtext of the New Mozart Edition
- Full score (BA4553-01), vocal score (BA4553-90 paperback, BA4553-93 vocal score hardback) and study score format 22.5 x 16.5cm (TP155) available for sale
- Performance material (BA4553-72 available for hire
- Incorporates latest scholarly findings from the Critical Commentary of 2006
- Clear and legible music layout, easy-to-play piano reduction
- Extensive foreword in two languages (Ger/Eng) by Dietrich Berke with notes on the work and performance practice