Four Pieces for Double Bass and Piano
Hertl Four Pieces for Double Bass and Piano
The renowned Czech double bass player, composer, conductor and teacher František Hertl (1906–1973) wrote many concert and teaching pieces for his instrument. An outstanding virtuoso, he had a consummate mastery of his instrument’s expressive potential and sound qualities.
These four pieces for double bass comprising a Prelude, Burlesque, Nocturne and Tarantella were composed in 1968. They have remained very popular among double bass players to the present day while being extremely challenging to play. Our edition adopts the musical text from the Supraphon edition of 1969. The double bass part and the Foreword have been revised by Stefan Schäfer, the solo double bassist of the Hamburg Philharmonic State Orchestra.
- New edition of a popular work from the double bass repertoire
- Includes a revised double bass part by Stefan Schäfer
- Foreword (Cz/Eng/Ger) by Stefan Schäfer
- I. Prelude [Hertl, František]
- II. Burlesque [Hertl, František]
- III. Nocturne [Hertl, František]
- IV. Tarantella [Hertl, František]