Jewish Prayer: Arrangements for Viola (Cello) and Organ
Jewish Prayer: Arrangements for Viola (Cello) & Organ
- High-quality works of the Jewish late Romantic tradition
- In addition to the solo part for viola there is also a part for cello
- For professionals and amateurs alike
Jewish Prayer comprises works of the Jewish late Romantic tradition including one of the repertoire classics for strings Kol Nidrei by Max Bruch. This edition also contains other popular performance pieces such as The Hebrew Melody Op.23 by Albert Kellermann, Elohenu by Friedrich Gernsheim, Sarabande Op.8 by Joseph Sulzer and Prière by Fernand Halphen.
These works can be played by professionals as well as experienced amateurs. For possible performances of the complete works, the volume has been compiled as if it were as a concert cycle and completed with a work for solo organ, the Five Festival Preludes Op.37 by Louis Lewandowski.
Separate parts for viola and violoncello are included with the score.
The concert pianist Bella Kalinowska was born in the Ukraine and received her musical training in Winnitsa, Odessa and Kiev. In addition to her extensive teaching and concert activities in the field of chamber music, she works as an editor for well-known music publishers.
Semjon Kalinowsky was born in the Ukraine and studied viola at the State Conservatory of Music in Lemberg. He plays as a soloist and chamber musician and was awarded the title of Honoured Artist of Ukraine in 1998.
- Kol Nidre [Bruch, Max]
- Adagio [Bruch, Max]
- Hebrew tune Op.23 [Kellermann, Albert]
- Elohenu [Gernsheim, Friedrich]
- Hebrew tune [Gernsheim, Friedrich]
- Saraband Op.8 [Sulzer, Joseph]
- Prière [Halphen, Fernand]
- Five Festive Preludes for Organ solo Op.37 [Lewandowski, Louis]
- I) Andante maestoso [Lewandowski, Louis]
- II) Andante con moto [Lewandowski, Louis]
- III) Largo [Lewandowski, Louis]
- IV) Andantino [Lewandowski, Louis]
- V) Andante [Lewandowski, Louis]