Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Osud (Fate) (Vocal Score)
Janacek Osud (Fate) Vocal Score
Janácek’s opera “Osud” is an extraordinary example of the creative boldness of the composer and presents demanding dramaturgical challenges.
This new critical edition is based on a thorough comparison of all surviving sources. The principle source is a copyist’s copy of authorised by Janácek in which all revisions are marked. Further sources include a manuscript copy of the vocal score together with the orchestral parts and various copies of the libretto. The score of this new edition is published as part of the “Complete Critical Edition of the Works of Leoš Janácek”.
- First critical edition of this opera
- Foreword on the genesis of the work and its reception by Jirí Zahrádka (Cz/Eng/Ger)
- New idiomatic piano reduction by Rasmus Baumann
- Singable German translation
- Full score (BA9562) and vocal score (BA9562-90) available for sale
- Performance material available for hire