Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Selected Piano Pieces
Brahms Selected Piano Pieces
It is not surprising that Johannes Brahms, an exponent of Romanticism, bestowed his special interest on piano music, since the piano enjoyed great popularity among the rising bourgeoisie of the 19th century. And here it is precisely the smaller forms with which he created outstanding music. A great compositional variety with a broad spectrum of expression is revealed in his character pieces, the intermezzos, ballads, capriccios, rhapsodies, fantasies and waltzes, which Bärenreiter has presented in Urtext editions, edited and provided with fingerings as well as notes on performance practice by Christian Köhn.
This selection of seven lyrical piano pieces, including the famous "Edward" Ballad Op.10 No.1, two waltzes from Op.39 and four of the best-known intermezzos, appears as part of a series of popular works from the Bärenreiter catalogue for the 100th anniversary of the publishing house.
- Intermezzo in E major Op.116 No.6 [Brahms, Johannes]
- Ballade in D minor Op.10 No.1 [Brahms, Johannes]
- Waltz in B major Op.39 No.1 [Brahms, Johannes]
- Intermezzo in E-flat major Op.117 No.1 [Brahms, Johannes]
- Intermezzo in A minor Op.118 No.1 [Brahms, Johannes]
- Intermezzo in B minor Op.119 No.1 [Brahms, Johannes]
- Waltz in E major Op.39 No.2. Easy Edition (arranged by the composer) [Brahms, Johannes]