Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Sonatas for Violin and Piano: Late Viennese Sonatas
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
Mozart Sonatas for Violin and Piano: Late Viennese Sonatas
The four sonatas in this volume can be dated with certainty by the entries in the handwritten catalogue which Mozart started in February 1784. The Sonata K.454 appears there with the date 24 April 1784. The Sonata K.481 is entered on 12 December 1785 by Mozart in his manuscript catalogue. The reason is unknown for the composition of the Sonata K.526 which Mozart entered in his manuscript catalogue with the date 24 August 1787. Compared to the works already mentioned the Sonatina K.547 appears to mark a return stylistically to 1764, the beginning of Mozart’s development as a composer of violin sonatas. In the manuscript catalogue the work is entered with the date 10 July 1788.
- Urtext of the New Mozart Edition
- Sonata in B-flat major K.454 [Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus]
- Sonata in E-flat major K.481 [Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus]
- Sonata in A major K.526 [Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus]
- Sonata in F major K.547 [Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus]