Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Preludes for Piano Book 1
Debussy Preludes for Piano Book 1
Urtext edition based on the latest state of research
Includes fingering as well as additional specific fingering exercises
Detailed foreword (Ger/Eng) and critical commentary (Eng)
Debussy links the 12 Préludes in his first book not by a tonal scheme, but by means of a chain of associative mottos or titles which appear at the end of each piece and which may give a hint of the overall poetic content.
The musicologist Thomas Kabisch who specialises in Debussy’s piano music has edited this Urtext edition based on the latest research findings, resulting in an authoritative publication. The edition has a clear layout, practical page-turns and fingering by the experienced teacher Martin Widmaier, professor of piano at the Robert Schumann University, Düsseldorf. This fingering traces musical lines and supports sensitive sound production. There are also special fingering exercises to assist in the learning of the chordal structures. Thus, the edition provides the necessary prerequisites for studying these works.
- I (... Danseuses de Delphes) [Debussy, Claude]
- II (... Voiles) [Debussy, Claude]
- III (... Le Vent dans la plaine) [Debussy, Claude]
- IV (... "Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir") (Ch. Baudelaire) [Debussy, Claude]
- V (... Les collines d'Anacapri) [Debussy, Claude]
- VI (... Des pas sur la neige) [Debussy, Claude]
- VII (... Ce qu'a vu le vent d'Ouest) [Debussy, Claude]
- VIII (... La fille aux cheveux de lin) [Debussy, Claude]
- IX (... La sérénade interrompue) [Debussy, Claude]
- X (... La Cathédrale engloutie) [Debussy, Claude]
- XI (... La Danse de Puck) [Debussy, Claude]
- XII (... Minstrels) [Debussy, Claude]