Want to be the first to hear latest news and find out about our exclusive promotions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
Preludes for Piano Book 2
Debussy Preludes for Piano Book 2
Three years after the publication of the first volume, the second volume of Debussy’s Préludes was published in 1913. Here the music reflects the impressions of Stravinsky’s music on the composer. In his new Urtext edition, the musicologist Thomas Kabisch who specialises in Debussy’s piano music presents a reliable text based on the latest research findings and all known sources. The readings and editorial decisions are recorded in the Critical Commentary (Eng).
Fingering by pianist Martin Widmaier makes musical lines audible and supports the realisation of the desired sound. A clear and uncluttered engraving, a detailed Foreword as well as notes on pedalling (Ger/Eng) and a glossary (Fr/Ger/Eng) create the ideal prerequisites for the study of these pieces.
- Urtext edition based on the latest state of research
- Reader-friendly engraving with fingering by Martin Widmaier
- Detailed Foreword, notes on pedalling (Ger/Eng), glossary (Fr/Ger/Eng) and Critical Commentary (Eng)
- I (… Brouillards) [Debussy, Claude]
- II (… Feuilles mortes) [Debussy, Claude]
- III (… La puerta del Vino) [Debussy, Claude]
- IV (… „Les fées sont d’exquises danseuses“) [Debussy, Claude]
- V (… Bruyères) [Debussy, Claude]
- VI (… „General Lavine“ _eccentric_) [Debussy, Claude]
- VII (… La terrasse des audiences du clair de lune) [Debussy, Claude]
- VIII (… Ondine) [Debussy, Claude]
- IX (… Hommage à S. Pickwick Esq. P. P. M. P. C.) [Debussy, Claude]
- X (… Canope) [Debussy, Claude]
- XI (… Les tierces alternées) [Debussy, Claude]
- XII (… Feux d’artifice) [Debussy, Claude]